A comprehensive 20 hour re-cert for the sport therapist or professional rescuer. The updated version of this program was launched in October 2018. Course uses a free electronic manual. Printed copies are available with course registration for $100.
- Critical Rescue Decision making and scene assessment.
- Includes level BLS CPR/AED certification.
- Management of airway, breathing and circulation emergencies, sudden illness, environmentally induced emergencies and traumatic injuries.
- Oxygen Administration, Airway management and breathing devices.
- Advanced Secondary Survey skills and Vital Sign Assessment including Blood Pressure.
- Use of spinal boards, cervical collars, splints and specialized rescue equipment.
- Re-cert by attending 2 days of a full course or by attending a 2 day re-cert course.
First Responder Re-cert Course Participation Details:
- Your Canadian Red Cross First Responder Certificated must be current in order to attend a Re-cert Course. Those with an expired certificate should enroll in a full First Responder Course.
- Participants should dress comfortably. Full attendance is required. Certificate is earned through demonstration of skills during course participation and during a final summary mock rescue as well as successful completion of a multiple-choice quiz (minimum mark of 80%).
- Each participant receives a wallet certificate, rescue breathing barrier device and electronic copy of the First Responder manual.
Re-certification: $350 + HST ($450 + HST with printed manual)
- Saturday October 19 & 20, 2019, Barrie, ON.
- 2020 dates coming soon, Barrie, ON.