A comprehensive 20 hour re-cert for the sport therapist or professional rescuer. The updated version of this program will be launched in October 2018.
- Critical Rescue Decision making and scene assessment.
- Includes level HCP CPR/AED certification.
- Management of airway, breathing and circulation emergencies, sudden illness, environmentally induced emergencies and traumatic injuries.
- Oxygen Administration, Airway management and breathing devices.
- Advanced Secondary Survey skills and Vital Sign Assessment including Blood Pressure.
- Use of spinal boards, cervical collars, splints and specialized rescue equipment.
- Re-cert by attending 2 days of a full course or by attending a 2 day re-cert course.
First Responder Re-cert Course Participation Details:
- Your Canadian Red Cross First Responder Certificated must be current in order to attend a Re-cert Course. Those with an expired certificate should enroll in a full First Responder Course.
- Participants should dress comfortably. Full attendance is required. Certificate is earned through demonstration of skills during course participation and during a final summary mock rescue as well as successful completion of a multiple-choice quiz (minimum mark of 80%).
- Each participant receives a wallet certificate, rescue breathing barrier device and First Responder manual (as required).
Re-certification: $450 + HST.
- Saturday April 21 and Sunday April 29, 2018, Barrie, ON.
- Saturday and Sunday June 9 & 10, Brampton, ON.
- Saturday and Sunday August 11 & 12, 2018, Barrie, ON.
- Saturday and Sunday November 17 & 18, 2018, Barrie, ON.