Designed by Nancy Spence an Athletic Therapist with more than 15 years experience covering sports and teaching first aid, these workshops are a must for coaches and “trainers” looking to offer more for their athletes. This workshop also fulfills the Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) requirements for a certificate course in Ontario.
Taping and Wrapping workshops come in 4 or 8 hour formats. These workshops include: introductory athletic taping and wrapping for the prevention and management of sport injuries. This is a hands-on workshop, supported with a workbook that outlining the principles of wrapping and taping techniques and applications taught.
This course can be linked with any first aid course. A Standard First Aid certificate or higher is recommended before taking this course.
Skills include when to safely tape, wrap, and return to play. Pre tape/wrap assessments. How to wrap and tape. Specific skills can be chosen for the 4 hour workshop. The 8 hour workshop includes:
- wrist wraps
- ankle wraps
- large muscle wraps
- groin wraps
- shoulder spicas
- ankle taping
- wrist taping
- thumb taping
- the use of pressure pads, ice and horseshoes in wrapping and taping techniques.
8 Hour Workshop: $99 + HST
4 Hour Workshop: $60 + HSTRequest a Course
Course dates to be determined based the your preferred date(s) of your group.
This course is best offered in a minimum of 4 hour time increments.
Ideally, each session should be no more than 1 week apart.
Taping and Wrapping course delivery details:
- Group size per course: maximum 24, minimum 8.
- Participants should dress comfortably but wear shorts and tank top/short sleeves for the techniques. Full attendance is required. Participation certificate is earned through demonstration of skills during course.
- Each participant receives a wall certificate and taping and wrapping reference manual.
- Please confirm the number and full names of participants in writing, 10 business days before your course. Substitutions can be made.